Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

What I Keep In My Purse When Traveling

Hey guys,

I love to feel prepared, especially when traveling. If I can use a small purse I will always use it. My go to small purse is this one by J Crew. I love how simple it is and how it matches almost every outfit. Since I am a bit of a freak when it comes to traveling, I feel like I need to be prepared for anything.

I think it is important to get a great bag. I love mine because the size is small enough where I don't feel like I am carrying around my entire suit case and large enough for my wallet, phone, and all my other essentials. Another amazing part of this bag is that it comes with a  lock and key. That gives me some peace of mind while traveling. I think this bag is a great option, but I do think it was expensive for such a small purse but I think it has passed my test.

So finally, here is what I keep in my purse when I am traveling.

Wallet- I use a Kate Spade wallet and it isn't my favorite thing. I love the color and the size, but it really bugs me that there is no space for coins. I think before school starts (ahhhhh) I am going to get myself a new wallet. I always like to keep my wallet on me because every place does things differently. I think its important to keep money on you- for example in Peru you have to pay to use a bathroom. 

Hand Sanitizer- I like to use the Honest Company hand sanitizer because its a spray hand sanitizer and it is fairly cheap. It also smells super yummy. I get grossed out super easily and feel better when I know I have hand sanitizer. 

Lotion- My favorite lotion is from Origins and it is so moisturizing. It is a hand cream so it is very thick. Not everyone enjoys it because of how thick it is or the price. It is really expensive but when you make purchases at Origins, they sometimes give you them for free or for a discounted price. BTW- Origins is my go to for all skin care, it has never failed me and and completely changed my skin. 

Pens- My favorite pens are the Le Pens and I always carry them in my bag. For some reason I always need to sign receipts in another country and sometimes its quicker if I have my own pen. I also always want to write something down when in a car or something. 

Perfume- I like to keep the roller ball of my favorite perfume on me because I hate smelling gross. I also hate smelling things that are gross, so if I am ever in a situation where something smells not so good, I just roll on some perfume and smell it. I instantly feel better.

Lip Balm- I always get chapped lips and I hate them. It is gross and I think the only lip balm that works for me is Vaseline. They honestly have the best ones and they have all sorts of cute flavors. They are also super small so they fit practically everywhere, especially in a small purse. 

Lip Stick- When traveling you never know when you are in the perfect spot for a picture. I think lip stick is the quickest way to spruce myself up and get photo ready. I have a few go to's but I think mt favorite is by Burt's Bee's because its moisturizing and has great pigment.

Tissues- So maybe I have allergies, but I think I sneeze about a million times a day. It doesn't really bother me, but sometimes I feel like tissues are important to keep. People always joke that I act like an old person with my weird tissues in my purse. Honestly you never know when you need tissues because life happens. I would always rather be safe then sorry.

Scrunchies- Scrunchies aren't the cutest things ever and sorry if you think they are. However they work great when you want to pull your hair up and you don't want a gross kink in your hair. I usually just get the cheap ones from target because I always end up loosing them.

Phone Charger- I recommend bringing a phone charger with a plug for that country because having a dead phone in a place you know sounds horrible. I can't even imagine how much that would stir up my anxiety. I think its just safe to keep one just in case.

Girl Products- I have recently learned that some countries do feminine products differently. I now carry my own with me at all times because going into a weird store to buy something that you aren't comfortable with sucks. Again, life happens and its better to be prepared.

I loved writing this one because I honestly love reading about what other people keep in their bags.  I also do not keep all this stuff with me in my purse at home.

Have a great day,
Allie