Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

How To Have a Productive Summer




Hey everybody,

Sorry for not posting anything in a while. Today was my last day of school and there had been a lot of things leading up to that day. However, now it is summer and I couldn't be happier. I usually get a ton of stuff done in the summer and get to try a ton of new things.

So my summer can go two ways; me napping all day or me getting everything done. However, each summer I have some sort of project that I need to get done. Now, I know how to plan my summer so each day is productive and I can get a lot done. So here's the list!

  1. Use Your Planner- I love using my planner, but for many people they stop using it in the summer. If you keep up with your planner you will want to fill it with many things (or that is just me and like to see my planner full of color).
  2. Try Something New- Summer is a great time to start new things. With so much free time, you can probably try a new class or join a team of some sorts. This summer I am traveling and will be trying so many new things, and I will try to keep you guys updated on that!
  3. Get a Job- Having a job is so fun and the summer is a perfect time to get one! They give you something to do and you are able to make money! 
  4. Start The Day Early- I know that many people love to sleep in during the summer but you loose so much time! Wake up at a decent time (for me around 8) and do something! This works best if you have something to do like a project or a job.
  5. Make a Routine- It can be hard to make a routine in the summer when you have no place to be or things to do, but it definitely helps. I think if you at least wake up at around the same day everyday and go and get coffee, it helps to make a day productive. 
  6. Start a Project- I love to start projects in the summer and get a ton of stuff done. Usually I will update my room or try some super fun DIY's. Pinterest is a great way to find a ton of fun projects.
  7. Help Others- Summer can be a hard time for some people (usually older people) and during the summer it can be great if you can offer someone help. Sometimes it can just be asking them if they need something at the store or mowing the lawn. 
  8. Have Quiet Time- I like to use the summer to just relax and give my self some alone time. I try to do this about once a day. For example, I might sit and read a book and drink some tea for an hour one night.
  9. Reflect- This is similar to the quiet time one but I enjoy reflecting in the summer. I am alone most of the time in the summer or at least not with friends all the time and I love using that time to just evaluate things in my life and start testing certain priorities. 
  10. Reorganize-I love reorganizing. I think it is so much fun and so refreshing. I love reorganizing my room, closet, and even my computer. I love organizing things and making sure that all my things fit my routines and lifestyle. 
I hope this helps you guys have a super fun and productive summer. If you guys have any more ideas please let me know! I hope you guys have an amazing day!