Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Junior Year


This week I am going to be writing a post about the many parts of junior year and how to handle it. This will consist of tips and tricks that I have discovered during my junior year of high school.

So in case you didn't know I am a junior in High School. Many people say that junior year is the hardest year in high school and I can definitely agree with that. Not just academically but socially as well. This year has left me so tired and I definitely do not want to live junior year ever again.

This year I am taking 3 AP classes. This was such a jump for me because I have never taken any AP classes before. The one class that sticks out to be the hardest for me is AP chemistry. AP classes offer a lot of advantages to many students that would like to get college credit. However, AP chemistry was probably not my smartest choice. As hard as this class is it has challenged me in a way that I have never been challenged before. To all sophomores becoming juniors, this year sucks but it will help you grow.

I also work 14 hours a week at a local daycare. I love my job. I love kids and this job has shown me that I definitely want to work with kids when I am older. However, a job is another event to add to my busy schedule and limit my little free time. From work I have met some of my favorite kids and have made some amazing connections. Working also provides me with money so I can do fun things.

Finally I volunteer. I can't give too much information about where I volunteer because it is very specific, but it is one of my most rewarding things I do.

Why do I do all this? Because that is what colleges apparently want to see. This combination along with SAT's, AP tests, and then social events like prom leaves someone with little time. Getting through this sucks but it is something that I want to do.

However, the entire point of this is to show that during junior year you do not have to go to every football game or love events like prom. It is okay to cry when you get overwhelmed and its okay to tell people about how you feel.