Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

How to Make Money in High School

Hey Guys,

As a high school junior I have done a lot of things in order to make money. I know that sounds a bit snotty, and it is. However, being in high school can be super expensive especially when you have a ton of things you want to do. I have compiled a list of things to do to make money while in high school.

1. Get a job- I know this really applies to those that are 16 (at least where I live) because usually companies won't hire someone if they are younger than 16. I have a job at a local day care in a gym and I LOVE IT. I love kids and the constant schedule is great. Having a job that I go to 4 times a week is my main source of money. This is also a nice way to make consistent money. Apply to a ton of jobs if you want one.

2. Babysitting- I also babysit a ton and that is an easy way to make money. If you don't know anyone to babysit for, try putting something on Facebook. Yes Facebook. All the adults are on Facebook and they are the ones with the kids who need babysitters. There are also a lot of Facebook groups for teens in your area that are babysitters.

3. Garage Sales- These are super fun and you can make a lot quickly. Everyone has stuff they don't want anymore and selling it is a great way to get rid of it. You probably have a ton of clothes that are too small are you don't wear, sell them!

4. Make Something- If you have a talent or a passion you can probably make some sort of business out of it. I have a lot of friends that sell paintings or clothes. If you are amazing at painting, people will buy it. If you can make really cool clothes and you wear them, people will probably buy it!

5. Dog Walking- I did this a lot in middle school with my friends. We would make fliers saying we were going to come and walk your dog at a certain time if you put the sheet on your door. This worked super well and I got to hang out with dogs!

6. Snow Cone Stand- This works really well if you live in a neighbor hood. My friends and I used to put up a snow cone stand in front of their house before the middle school got out, and all the middle schoolers would walk by and buy one!

7. Mow Lawns- I haven't done this myself. but I have had a lot of friends that have. If you have a lawn mower and know how to mow a lawn, people will pay you to go mow it every few days. This is like having a job without as much commitment as a "real" job does.

I hope this helps for anyone that is looking to make a bit more money before summer. If you have any questions feel free to email me, I would love to talk to you!