Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

How To Handle a Busy Schedule

Hey guys,

Right now my schedule is chaotic with school, work, volunteering, as well as taking care of myself. All of this has created a crazy day that I have somehow managed to handle. I definitely can't say I feel great about each day, but I know I can get through it. With each day bringing a new challenge a few things seem to keep each day in line.

Planner: I have to have my planner on my almost all the time. I use a Kate Spade planner and I love it. I use it for everything from school to work as well as family activities. I color code my planner and that really helps differentiate my schedule and knowing what to do each day. From this I usually have a weekly look at my schedule as well as a monthly one. Knowing exactly what I have each day makes the day a bit more bearable. Hopefully you guys can take a look at my planner soon.

Water: With constantly being on the go staying hydrated is important. This helps keep my energy up and can easily be refilled through out the day. I also love all the fun colors that Hydro Flask's come in as well as how they can keep a drink warm or cold for long periods of time.

Coffee: I have no idea what I would do without coffee. I drink about a cup in the morning right when I wake up and when I get ready. I also stop at Starbucks on my way to school in the morning. This keeps me alert during my morning classes when I would rather be asleep.

Sleep: The most important thing is to get a good nights sleep. Each night I try to get to bed at a reasonable hour (between 10:00 and 10:45) so I can think clearly each day. If I can't get enough sleep, I will take a melatonin in order to make my short nights sleep into a short but deep and refreshing sleep.

I hope you have a fantastic day that's calm and not busy, and if so I hope these tips help!